cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent deployment expires

Jump to solution

Hello,

i've a problem with ePo 5.9.1. I've just installed it and everything seems working: i've imported policies, assigned tasks and systems from an old server and now i just need to deploy the agent. My problem is that every deployment task expires, even if I deploy the agent to new, fresh computers (i'm sure they're reachable).

On clients, I don't see events related with McAfee. On ePo i've the message: "The Local Agent Handler service is not currently installed" but if i try to install from the setup in ePo folder: "McAfee Agent Handler can not be installed on the same system of ePolicy Orchestrator"

In Orion i've this error message:

2019-12-05 11:47:58,006 ERROR [scheduler-TaskQueueEngine-thread-2] service.ScheduledTaskManagerImpl - execution of task Deploy McAfee Agent failed
com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandException: No agent deployments were successful

Can someone help me?

Thank you in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cdinet McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 9 of 13

Re: Agent deployment expires

Jump to solution

Check the path before you execute this, it might be different on yours.  Be sure to run cmd as administrator.  Once it is installed, you will need to run the following commands also.  That assumes you are installing epo 5.10.  I am curious as to why apache isn't installing.  Do you have IIS or world wide web publishing service installed or any other application that might use apache?

sc config MCAFEEAPACHESRV start= demand

sc config MCAFEEAPACHESRV DisplayName= "McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 5.10.0 Server"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Apache2\bin\Apache.exe" -k install -n MCAFEEAPACHESRV -d "C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Apache2" -f "C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Apache2\conf\httpd.conf" 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

12 Replies
LKS McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 13

Jump to solution

Hi stefanog,

Seems like you are trying to install Agent on client machine where the McAfee agent is already Exist. Correct me if am wrong. In this situation, you have to redeploy Agent with "Force install" option from ePO.

Secondly, where do you see the below error message.

The Local Agent Handler service is not currently installed

Can you check if all the three EPO services running. Yes in this case, even the fresh deployment also may not work. Please do not run the EPO setup again on the same box as it may remove your existing EPO.

Have you migrated from one EPO server to another..?

What is the Agent version have you installed on client machine.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Jump to solution

Hello,

i'm not trying to install the agent on a machine where it's already installed; i'm going to do this afterards, but now i just want to install it on a new computer, without any agent installed.

The massage "The Local Agent Handler service is not currently installed" appears on Orchestrator login page (screenshot in attachment).

The mcafee services running on Epo Server are:

McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 5.9.1 Application Server

McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 5.9.1 Event Parser

McAfee Mobile Plugin Service

This is a new installation of ePO in a new server: we migrated policies and system from an old one according to the guide below. Our aim is to shutdown the server with the old ePO

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB88822&actp=null&showDraft=false&platinum_sta...

The agent version we're using is 5.5

Thanks!

cdinet McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 13

Jump to solution

The Local Agent Handler service is not currently installed seems like a pretty critical error.  That is referring to the epo server service (apache).  Is this a new install of epo?  If so, you might want to try to do a disaster recovery or reinstall fresh if this is a new environment.  Does the server service exist?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

yes, it is a new installation (we want to move ePO from an old machine to this one). McAfee service running are:

McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 5.9.1 Application Server

McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 5.9.1 Event Parser

McAfee Mobile Plugin Service

I can reinstall it if needed, i haven't any new configuration to keep

cdinet McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 13

Jump to solution

Yes, reinstall as there is no apache service.

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

I've reinstalled but i still see the same error message: "The Local Agent Handler service is not currently installed"...

cdinet McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 13

Jump to solution

Just a sec, there is a way we can install apache separate.  Give me a few min.

Was my reply helpful?

cdinet McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 13

Jump to solution

Check the path before you execute this, it might be different on yours.  Be sure to run cmd as administrator.  Once it is installed, you will need to run the following commands also.  That assumes you are installing epo 5.10.  I am curious as to why apache isn't installing.  Do you have IIS or world wide web publishing service installed or any other application that might use apache?

sc config MCAFEEAPACHESRV start= demand

sc config MCAFEEAPACHESRV DisplayName= "McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 5.10.0 Server"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Apache2\bin\Apache.exe" -k install -n MCAFEEAPACHESRV -d "C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Apache2" -f "C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Apache2\conf\httpd.conf" 

Was my reply helpful?

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

It works!

Thanks, now the ePo server can deploy the agent and it doesn't show the error message anymore. Probably the issue was releted to IIS: it was installed on that machine before and, even if removed, it was blocking apache installation.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community