Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
awbattelle
Level 11

Agent Wake-Up Does Not Time Out.

VeryLong Wakeup.jpg

What's wrong with this picture?

The system attempts and fails the Wake-Up call within seconds, and yet...Never times out. I had to "End Task" when I discovered that it had been running for 21 hours and 27 minutes!

So, if the wakeup call failed, why didn't the task time out? This event was a single system.  The same thing happens with multiple systems. Even if some are successful, and sometimes even when all are successful, the task does not end, and I have to manually terminate it.

Any idea where to look to figure out the cause?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Daniel_S
Level 12

Re: Agent Wake-Up Does Not Time Out.

Hi mate,

first hints: you shouldn´t expose usernames, dns-names and ip-addresses of your internal network.

Now to your problem:

Which agent version are you using? In case of 5.0.6, the most current one, I think they just released a fix and if I remember right there was something about fixing the timeouts.

Maybe you have a look at the newest fixes and releasenotes.

Best regards

Dan

Best regards
Dan
0 Kudos
awbattelle
Level 11

This is the 506.220. I see there is a later version of the agent for the Mac, 506.347, and we do have some installed so, I will try those and see if there is a difference.

0 Kudos
awbattelle
Level 11

Still a problem, even with the most recent agent. I can sometimes get a quick response when only wakeing up a single system, that I know is on-line, anymore than that, the process will stall at 50 to 80%, and just sit there forever, till I end it.

0 Kudos
Daniel_S
Level 12

Okay that´s strange then.

Maybe you want to call McAfee directly about this?

Best regards
Dan
0 Kudos