Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lieven
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Agent V4.0 Patch 3 uselanguage

Hello,

I have installed the new agent 4.0 patch 3 on a few testsystems and noticed that the logs are now in the local language.

After some reading I found out that there is an option /uselanguage=0409 (not sure about the syntax, as I found 3 different syntaxes in documentation)

Now I deployed the agent via a deployment task, using this option and the logs are still in the local language. Or is this option only to be used when installing manually on the system?

Thanks in advance.

Lieven

5 Replies

Re: Agent V4.0 Patch 3 uselanguage

You are right, if you want to install MA 4.0 with a different language you have to use the following syntax: framepkg.exe \install=agent \uselanguage=0409 (changing 0409 with the lang code you want to use)

You can also modify the language registry key once the agent is installed, you can find all the info here:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB52911

Lieven
Level 7
Message 3 of 6

Just to make sure, the syntax with /uselanguage is incorrect, it should be \uselanguage?

You're right, when I usually use switches I allways use /install=agent and not \install=agent

Lieven
Level 7
Message 5 of 6

Hi,

I tried the switch \uselanguage=0409, but the logs are still in the local language. I am doing this, using a deployment task as I do not have access to the local clients

So this switch does not work when using a deployment task, which means that deployment of the agent V4 cannot be done via the ePO-server!

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Lieven

Lieven
Level 7
Message 6 of 6

I tested with the \uselanguage=0409 in the commandline options of the deployment task, and the logs are still not in english!

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community