I am running EPO 4 Build 1151 Mcafee Agent 126.96.36.199
All other Pc's and server work fine except a 2003 R2 Server with Groupshield 7 (this was installed manually outside Epo). I deployed the agent through EPO and got no errors, Event Log on the server shows the agent completed ok.
Problem is the server never 'reports in'. The Managed State is shown as Unmanaged. The strange thing is the agent seems to be running as I can view the agent log and it appears ok,
tail of log
Thursday, 7 May 2009 10:23:58 AM Info Agent Agent Started Enforcing policies Thursday, 7 May 2009 10:23:58 AM Info Management Enforcing Policies for GROUPSHD7000 Thursday, 7 May 2009 10:24:00 AM Info Management Enforcing Policies for EPOAGENT3000META Thursday, 7 May 2009 10:24:00 AM Info Management Enforcing Policies for EPOAGENT3000 Thursday, 7 May 2009 10:24:00 AM Info Management Enforcing Policies for McAfee Agent Thursday, 7 May 2009 10:24:02 AM Info Agent Agent finished Enforcing policies Thursday, 7 May 2009 10:24:02 AM Info Agent Next policy enforcement in 5 minutes Thursday, 7 May 2009 10:24:17 AM Info Agent Agent is looking for events to upload
However no policies are applied to Groupshield (they all remain at the default despite the agent advising it's enforcing policies.
If tried the frminst.exe /remove=agent & frminst.exe /forceuninstall and re deployed forcing installing from the EPO. Same result.
Afraid that didn't reveal anything. No instance of the Proplematic Server in any EPO groups and the sitelist (which I only found on the EPO server) shows correct, name & IP of the EPO server. Any other thoughts
I had manually looked for duplicates but was only looking in my folder structure. When I ran the qry for duplicates the Server was indeed showing in root. Moved that into my Exchange EPO Folder and removed the one I manually added and everything is sweet.