cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent Installation Error

When i run the frame pkg it gives a message invalid credentials even after confirming that they're correct.

Kindly assist

3 Replies

Re: Agent Installation Error

Which version of McAfee Agent are you using? If it's going to be an ePO-managed machine you should remeber that you need the ePO agent that allows to embbed credentials (in some McAfee Agent versions you have a package that allows embedded credentials and another one that doesn't allow it ans usually shows the message you reported)

Thanks for responding,

am using ePolicy Orchestrator 4.5.0 (Build: 753). What happen my previous McAfee server crushed then i installed EPO in another PC and copied the database but its bot working after creating a new  FramePkg. Also on the repository where you validate credential it gives invalid credentials and cant ping detected systems.

Appreciate your next response in advance.

Message was edited by: Meshack on 1/14/11 7:15:36 AM CST
luda
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Hi Meshack,

You cannot just copy the DB to a new install of ePO and pretend that it will work...

The follwoing McAfee KB66616 document 'Disaster Recovery' procedure will help you understanding why:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB66616&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=...

Hope it helps.

Regards,

luda