cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McDuff
Level 10

Agent Handlers and Roaming Agents - Where is McAfee Agent Failover List?

Jump to solution

Greetings,

On page 150 of the ePO 5.1 Best Practices guide https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/25000/PD25519/en_US/...  it says you can configure roaming clients to be able to connect to the nearest Agent Handler by configuring the "McAfee Agent failover list".  This is exactly what I want to configure, but I'm not sure where the McAfee Agent failover list is configured.  Is it the Handler Priority in Menu -> Agent Handler -> Handler Assignment Rules?

Our issue is that if a client roams to a site managed by another Agent Handler other than its own, it's sitelist.xml doesn't have the name of the other Agent Handlers to try, and it's unmanageable until it comes home.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Artfulbodger
Level 13

Re: Agent Handlers and Roaming Agents - Where is McAfee Agent Failover List?

Jump to solution

Hi

You can configure the Agent Handler Assignment list under Menu > Configuration > Agent Handlers.  Here you can assign the Handler Handler Assignment Rules, which configure the Agents to use a list of Agent Handlers in order.  This 'Policy' is used to build the SiteList.xml for the given system agents.

HTH

Rich

Volunteer Moderator

2 Replies
Artfulbodger
Level 13

Jump to solution

Hi

You can configure the Agent Handler Assignment list under Menu > Configuration > Agent Handlers.  Here you can assign the Handler Handler Assignment Rules, which configure the Agents to use a list of Agent Handlers in order.  This 'Policy' is used to build the SiteList.xml for the given system agents.

HTH

Rich

Volunteer Moderator

McDuff
Level 10

Jump to solution

Thanks very much for the prompt response.  Appreciate it.

FYI as soon as I added secondary AHs to each of the Handler Assignment rules, my clients got an updated sitelist.xml with the secondary AH upon their next policy refresh.

0 Kudos