cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent Handler doesnt appear on Epo Server

Jump to solution

Hi people,

I installed on a server on a remote location a agent handler.

But normally on other remote locations this will not appear on the Agent Handler list.

The only thing what is different to this location is this isnt in our direct domain.

let us say.. EPO (domain X) agent handler Domain y (who works) the other remote agent handler Local Domain.

My question is is it nessesary that the agent handler is in the same domain as  the others are? or at least have a trust to the other domains.

this is a little something i got from the log.

20100218160905 E #1508 usermgr  NetLocalGroupAddMembers [ePO User Group] [Domain\shb_epo] error 1387
20100218160905 E #1508 DAL      Failed to add user Domain\shb_epo to epo group.
20100218160905 E #1508 NAIMSRV  Failed to initialize DAL Connection Pool.

thanks for your help in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Agent Handler doesnt appear on Epo Server

Jump to solution

I had exactly the same problem, solved it by switching to SQL authentication instead of Windows authentication as I couldn't find another solution.

I'm not sure why the agent handler would need "local domain" credentials just to reach the database through ADO, but apparently it seems to do. It kind of defeats the purpose with agent handlers a bit.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Jump to solution

I had exactly the same problem, solved it by switching to SQL authentication instead of Windows authentication as I couldn't find another solution.

I'm not sure why the agent handler would need "local domain" credentials just to reach the database through ADO, but apparently it seems to do. It kind of defeats the purpose with agent handlers a bit.

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

Awesome,

but your correct if you using SQL authentication it works.

Hope it helps others as well.

With kind regards,

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I've got the same problem A question is not connect to McAffee, but how I can  switch to SQL authentication instead of Windows authentication. I'm starter in SQL Server?

I've found simple answer - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms188670.aspx

Message was edited by: UltraFanat on 5/5/10 7:55:50 AM CDT
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community