cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Agent Deployment Question

So I synched up my Workstations OU with ePO 4.0 on Monday. Its configured to deploy the agents when they are discovered. On the machines that were on-line when the system synchronized, the agent deployed successfully. However, for the machines that were not, they still have not received the agents as of this morning.

So I filtered the managed systems out and deployed the agent manually to all unmanaged systems. About have pushed out, the rest didnt because they were either off or didnt exist, etc (still have some computer object cleanup to do).

Is this how it should be?? I would have thought that when ePO synched with AD it would have redeployed the agent to unmanaged systems, but I'm not sure if that is happening or not. Need to know how to make this more automated.
3 Replies

RE: Agent Deployment Question

So did I just stump everyone or is this just a stupid question?
tonyb99
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

Have you tried adding a scheduled resync ad task in the automation section

Sure have. Its set for 3 times a day. But the agent will only deploy if it can actually contact the machine. It doesn't seem to keep trying until it can.

So you're saying that even if the machines are discovered, it should still try pushing out the agent on every sync? If that is the case, any harm in syncing every 5 mins?
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community