cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brianp
Level 7

Agent Communication

I am experiencing an issue on one of my ePO servers. From the server, I am able to install a MA on a remote client. The ePO server task log reports a successful completion, and I can log in to the remote client and observe the MA installed. Further, I can open the MA status monitor and observe it opening a session with ePO, collecting and sending props, and closing the session. Additionally, from the ePO console, I am able to send a wake-up to the MA which reports as completed successfully.

However, in the system tree, the client still shows up as "unmanaged." As such, I am unable to manipulate the agent in any ways -- I cannot install VSE or apply any policies. The only oddity I've seen in any logs was in one of the logs on the client (paraphrasing): "Process MFEVTPS ... was blocked from accessing create ... via the rule Sanitize MFEVTP Service Process"

NOTE: Because of the sensitivity of the system in question, I am unable to post any logs (hence the paraphrasing).

Please advise!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
tao
Level 13

Re: Agent Communication

You may need to run down the reason behind "Process MFEVTPS ... was blocked from accessing create ... via the rule Sanitize MFEVTP Service Process"

mfevtps.exe: Provides trust validation for all McAfee processes.

Process description and load order for VirusScan Enterprise and McAfee Agent Technical Articles ID:   KB65784 Last Modified:  11/3/2016

McAfee Corporate KB - Process description and load order for VirusScan Enterprise and McAfee Agent K...

0 Kudos
brianp
Level 7

At first blush, it looks like there is an access protection policy causing that error. I don't want to red herring that error, though.

If I go in to services.msc, I see the service, it's set to manual, and it is not running. I haven't done anything to see if I could trigger the service, but I am unable to stop or disable the service. I'm genuinely flummoxed on this one -- I thought I had figured out a lot of the ePO quirks, but then they throw this one at me :/

0 Kudos
tao
Level 13

For giggles, what is Cryptographic Services set to?

0 Kudos