cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent 5.0.4.283 Start service failed, system error: Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.

Jump to solution

Hello community,

I have a problem to deploy the latest Agent 5.0.4.283 to my Windows XP client.

Server:

Windows Server 2012 R2

EPO-Server 5.3.0

Can ping the Client by Hostname/IP

Can access Admin$ of the Client

Client:

Windows XP Pro SP3

Firewall off

Here is the Server-Task-Protocol:

28.09.16 17:08:56    Starting deployment to computer <Hostname> through the Agent Handler <EPO-Server>.<Domain>
28.09.16 17:08:56    Failed to access remote system registry, system error: The network path was not found. 
28.09.16 17:08:56    Start service failed, system error: Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.

Deploying the Agent Version 5.0.4.283 on another client with Windows 7 SP1 works fine.

Deploying the Agent Version 4.8.0.1500 on same client with Windows XP SP3 works fine.

Are there any problems with Agent 5.0.4.283 on Windows XP?

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Agent 5.0.4.283 Start service failed, system error: Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.

Jump to solution

Didn't the McAfee documentation on the 5.0.4 agent state that XP (& 2003) are no longer supported?

I recommend downgrading the agent on that box.

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Agent 5.0.4.283 Start service failed, system error: Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.

Jump to solution

Didn't the McAfee documentation on the 5.0.4 agent state that XP (& 2003) are no longer supported?

I recommend downgrading the agent on that box.

Jump to solution

Thanks for the hint Dutchman39.

According to  McAfee KnowledgeBase - Supported platforms, environments, and operating systems for McAfee Agent and... the version 5.0.3 is the last supported.

A pity McAfee uses in many places a vague 5.0.X definition for Windows XP.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator