cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent 4.5 installer task with English language settings possible?

Hi,

I want to update the EPO agent version 4.0 to version 4.5 in our EPO 4.5 environment. I downloaded and checked in the "Agent Version 4.5 (1719) - English" into the EPO repository. I also crated a "Product Deployment" task to install/update the new agent version 4.5. After running this task, the agent was installed successfull on the reagarding client. But the agent log shows German language on German installed OS . I also tried to use the "uselanguage=0409" command line parameter on the "Product Deployment" tasks configuration tab. But it didn't work .

How is it possible to update the EPO agent version 4.0 to version 4.5 with default English language settings (for the agent log) using a EPO task? It's possible to set the following registry key on every client:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Network Associates\TVD\Shared Components\Framework]
"UseLanguage"="0409"

But therefor I have to configure seperate registry update tasks independent of the EPO. If possible I want to set this setting within the EPO, but how?

Greeting from Germany

Janni

7 Replies

Re: Agent 4.5 installer task with English language settings possible?

It is expected behavior that the package installs itself according to the local pc's Regional Settings (not OS language..). The Agent package is multilingual and the setting "English" in the deployment task is indeed confusing. "Automatic" would have been a better choice.

The thing you're trying to do is something I have been searching for for a while too. As you say, using the USELANGUAGE command line parameter in de deployment task doesn't seem to do anything.

For one of our customers we used a startup script as a workaround, but I'm also curious to see if anybody can do the trick from within ePO. Personally I don't think it can be done, based on article KB52911:

"The agent always installs in the supported language locale. You can  change the language after the installation by manually modifying the  registry value below. There is not an automated way to perform this. "

That sounds final to me. But please prove me wrong!

EDIT: maybe we could go as far as trying to remove the unwanted languages from the Agent package before deploying it, but that would be my very last shot at a solution.

Message was edited by: ralfrino on 11/29/10 1:58:40 PM GMT+01:00

Message was edited by: ralfrino on 11/29/10 2:34:29 PM GMT+01:00

The \uselanguage parameter won't work from the deployment task, you would have to install locally with that switch to have it work.

Per the solution #2 in KB52911:

Deploy the agent outside of ePO with the following command line parameters:

framepkg.exe \install=agent \uselanguage=0409

Otherwise, as previously mentioned this is pretty final i'm afraid.

Hth,

Hello,

that's a real pity that it isn't possible to deploy the 4.5 agent using a EPO task . So I have to use other tools to configure the appropriate registry setting.

By the way, within the VSE 8.7 module it's possible to configure the used language per setting. But I think this module was programmed by another team .

Regards Janni

Can't help you with the vse question i'm afraid, wrong group

Sorry.

Did you try "/install=Agent /uselanguage=0409" as deployment parameter ?

Also I can provide you a SuperDAT which changes the language back to english - or just wait until ePO4.6/Agent4.6 is available, there you can set the language of the agent via policy.

As I mentioned before, the /uselanguage=xxxx switch won't work in a deployment task, it has to be used locally.

Sorry,

Rob.

If my mind doesn't fail, I believe that the /uselanguage only works in a new agent installation. If you are upgrading it doesn't work.

I'm not sure, but there was some document (maybe for old versions 2.x or 3.x) that mentioned if you delete the folder with the german codepage, the agent loads the deafult (0419  - english). Try it in a lab machine.

Two years ago, I've placed a FMR but not luck.

Regards,

Pedro