Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbichon
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 11

Agent 4.5 for ePO 4.5

ePO reports that it has Agent 4.5 installed in the Extensions section, but when I deploy the agent, I only have the option for 4.0.0.1421. How do I deploy Agent 4.5?
10 Replies
twenden
Level 13
Message 2 of 11

RE: Agent 4.5 for ePO 4.5

The new EPO Agent 4.5 has not been released yet as it is still under the beta section as a Release Candidate. Not too sure when it is going to be released. I am currently test ePO 4.5 and have my test clients using 3.6.0.608 agent which is still supported.
rbichon
Level 7
Message 3 of 11

Okay. I still don't understand why it shows up in the extensions as 4.5, but either way I suppose I will just have to wait. Is there an estimate on when Agent 4.5 will be released? My x64 systems are still reporting as Non-Compliant because Agent 4.0 doesn't report their properties correctly, and the next agent was supposed to fix that.
DV27
Level 7
Message 4 of 11

If you have Agent 4.5 extensions already checked in then I guess that McAfee have gone gold on those extensions only (and included it in EPO 4.5), and they are still finishing beta testing on the actual deployment code.
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 5 of 11

yes its included in the build, its in the release notes
t0fu
Level 7
Message 6 of 11

As of today the Agent is still under the beta section as a Release Candidate.

Can't seem to find anything of an actual release date
woodsjw
Level 7
Message 7 of 11

The important part of DV27's post is that extensions != agent install.
t0fu
Level 7
Message 8 of 11

Any idea when the 4.5 Agent will be released from Beta?
rbichon
Level 7
Message 9 of 11

I signed up to test Agent 4.5 RC1, and so far I am a little dissappointed. The problem I was having with ePO 4.0 and Agent 4.0 is that some of my Vista x64 systems would stop reporting certain info to ePO which would cause ePO to think they were non-compliant. Specifically, they would stop showing that VirusScan was even installed on the system. I read somewhere that 4.5 was supposed to correct that issue but so far it has not. Also, the x64 systems show a separate icon in the system tray for the agent whereas the x86 combine the agent and vscan icons. The second item is not a big deal, just slightly annoying.
akl71
Level 10
Message 10 of 11

It is currently in Early Adopter Program
https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB66170
seems to be a new word creation for (beta) testing in production environments Smiley Very Happy
Release should be in Q3 2009
https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB66152

edit: today both articles disappeared from the knowledgebase