cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent 4.5 and Wrong Repository List

Hello Mcafee Community,
we have recently updated our ePOlicy environment with the new Mcafee Agent 4.5 (we have an ePOlicy Orchestrator Server version 4.5) and we are experiencing a problem:
After the update to Agent 4.5 the client's Distribuited Repository list is wrong, in fact there are 2 x ePO Orchestrator(this entry is duplicated and not correct), 1 x our HTTP repository Server (correct) and 1 x McafeeHTTP (the correct fallback http server).
In the Agent 4.5 Policy we have chosen to select the ePolicy Orchestrator Server like the First priority Update Server and our HTTP repository Server like secondary one using the option "Use order in repository list" but the client's updates jobs always run using our HTTP Repository Server (the ePO server is reachable and Clients using Agent 4.0 have no problem with the same policy applied).

Now we have disabled our HTTP Repository throught McAfee Agent Policy and the Clients accepts this configuration (the duplicated epo entry is still alive :-() but we want to use it like secondary update server.

Can you Help US?

Thank You

Lorenzo
4 Replies

Re: Agent 4.5 and Wrong Repository List

Hi,

Did you already find a solution for this, we're experiencing the exact same problem after we installed a second agent handler in an other site.

GWIRT
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 5

You might have a "ghost" agent handler, See if you can remove that and if there's any change.

Thank you,

How can i remove the ghost Agent Handler in ePolicy Orchestrator 4.5.1? I cannot find the way.

Thank You

Lorenzo

Highlighted

I have some problem on clients agent handler always appear respository list I need disable this because many clients connect trough slow link and same time replication your repositories fail.

Somebody known how to disable agent handlers of repository list?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community