cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on Repository setup for new system deployments

Jump to solution

We are geting ready to roll out Windows 7 (about 15000 nodes). We install VSE after imaging as part of the imaging process. Currently no other repositories on this ePO server (yes, we plan on implementing a couple soon based on IP).

Anyway, we are plannning rolling out a couple hundred new workstations/laptops at a time per site (about 40 different sites). We don't want them hitting the main ePO sever accross the network to get initial update so they plan on hauling an 'imaging server' to each of these sites that changes it's IP based on its current location.

Is there a way to tell those specific systems to get it's update from that imaging server repository first before it checks into ePO the first time? We don't want any of our regular nodes to use that repository. It would only be used for the initial DAT download after the install.

Any advise on how to set this up would be very much appreciated. I have been trying to engineer this out for a couple days now.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Advice on Repository setup for new system deployments

Jump to solution

good morning,

make it with a superagentrepository. or if you leave it for longer --> with agenthandler.

a third posibilitty can be to create a special sitelist and ad it to the frmpkg source.

if it is only temporär a I take superagent'ts

3 Replies
pierce
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hey,

For my small sites I setup one machine with an agent, then apply the agent policy to make this a super lazy caching repo box.

My agent policy for everything else says to query the nearest repo and grab the files/dats/installs from there, I believe they query the list of all Repo's to see which responds the fastest/nearest amount of hops.

Jump to solution

good morning,

make it with a superagentrepository. or if you leave it for longer --> with agenthandler.

a third posibilitty can be to create a special sitelist and ad it to the frmpkg source.

if it is only temporär a I take superagent'ts

Jump to solution

Thanks all. What we are going to do is make that imaging server a repository and then after installing VSE, replace the site list pointing to that repository and then do an update now. Then when it does check into ePO, it will get the correct sitelist.

Message was edited by: curtandy on 4/17/13 8:19:30 AM GMT-06:00