cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Adding New Extensions Duplicates Reports

Hi All,

When I add a new extension into ePO it creates a duplicate set of reports/queries under my login.  I then have to delete the "Public" reports/queries and for each one "Make Public".  Is this expected behaviour?

RichardJC.

3 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Adding New Extensions Duplicates Reports

Can I ask which version of which extension is causing this?  I think I may know what's happening but it might be version-specific...

Thanks -

Joe

Highlighted

Thanks for the reply,

Our environment is ePO v4.0 Build 1363, and we use AD Integrated accounts for our console logins.  The extensions were from VSE v8.7i Patch 4 (VIRUSCAN8700(195).zip & VIRUSCANREPORTS(154).zip).  These were loaded from the Patch 4 repost package.

Highlighted

Richard, I saw the same issue in our environment.

When you go to the Extensions page and click "add extensions", point at the Zip file for the entire P4 bundle rather than the zips contained within.  I had first extracted the contents of the P4 bundle and used the 2 zip files you mentioned and I saw duplicate reports added.  I removed them and then just used the P4 zip itself and it found all the new extensions contained within.

Doesn't make sense to me...but it worked on my server...

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community