cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Added feature

I wish EPO 4.5 (and agent 4.5) would add the ability to pull the make/model/serial/bios from a machine with a simple wmi query. We find that it misidentifies alot of Dell Desktop as a mobile device and this would help to be able to create reports by make and model. It would also very very valuable when the disk encryption product intigrates as sometime certain makes and models have different setting needs due to compatibility problems or just flat out cant be encrypted. Having all of that information integrated would save a lot of time.

Currently in the Enpoint Encryption if a user changes the computer name the name does not change in its console thus making it very hard to track down systems. With this there would be multiple ways of tracking down computer and to help be able to prove compliance..

Anyone else agree?
17 Replies
Pitch
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 18

RE: Added feature

I don't even know that ePO 4.5 is right prepared Smiley Very Happy

Why does your customers change their computer name?
Don't you have formal name in your company for each system?
Isn't it simple not to let them change this name which isn't very important for them?
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 3 of 18

If you want it then log a product enhancement request here: https://secure.nai.com/apps/downloads/products/product.asp

The more requests they get the more likely it is to be added.

<GRAMMAR PEDANT MODE ON>

Tony - I think you mean that the more requests they get for "the same" features then the more likely (in a perfect world) they are to be implemented Smiley Very Happy

<GRAMMAR PEDANT MODE OFF>

Jim
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 5 of 18

Hmm

watch it Jim I've only had one coffee this morning so far :mad:

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

I'd suggest a nice Pint of Beer or perhaps a large chilled glass of German White Wine Smiley Very Happy

I'm on my Third Mug-o-Tea (tm) Smiley Happy

Jim
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 7 of 18

I'll take that as a professional consulation as the pub opens in 45 minutes

:eek: - what sort of uncivilised country do you live in Tony - I could "choose" to breakfast in the Pub silly
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 9 of 18

I could choose to but I can't get out until 11.45, down south here in the pool we have to do our drinking at lunchtime not a quick buckfast with breakfast like you hard nothern lot

Sorry Tony sad I'd overlooked two things obviously....

1) How soft you Southerners are

2) That you probably need to put a battery + radio + wheels on your car in the morning

JIm grin