cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to add location field in database?

Does anyone know if (or has perhaps already added) if it's possible to add a column to the database table  that would provide location, such as ZIP code, or placement in a  building such as cube number into the ePO database   We have McAfee installed throughout our stores and in our Corporate  office in the US and I d like to be able to run reports based on  location, such as ZIP or cube number.

Thanks, Jeff

7 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Ability to add location field in database?

could you use some epo sorting features based on ip address or AD container?

McAfee Employee JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 8

Or if ePO 4.5 / MA 4.5 are being used, you could use the CustomProps values - set them on the client via a login script, for example, and they will be reported back to ePO.

HTH -

Joe

Joe,

Thanks for reply and suggestions - what table contains the CustomProps values?

McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 8

I believe it's the computerproperties table, but you shouldn't need to go digging for it - these values are available to the query system in ePO so you can query for them, assign tags based on them, and so on

Regards -

Joe

Thanks for your help Joe

Joe,

Any suggestions on how to populate the custom field for around 4k+ workstations? The problem I'm having is that each store will have around 15-20 workstations that I'd need to populate the custom field with a ZIP code and we have around 500 stores.

Thx

McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

It really depends on your environment and the tools you have available, but all you need to do is set a registry value, so there's several ways of doing that - via login script, or group policy object, or SMS, for example.

Regards -

Joe

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator