cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to add location field in database?

Does anyone know if (or has perhaps already added) if it's possible to add a column to the database table  that would provide location, such as ZIP code, or placement in a  building such as cube number into the ePO database   We have McAfee installed throughout our stores and in our Corporate  office in the US and I d like to be able to run reports based on  location, such as ZIP or cube number.

Thanks, Jeff

7 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Ability to add location field in database?

could you use some epo sorting features based on ip address or AD container?

McAfee Employee JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 8

Or if ePO 4.5 / MA 4.5 are being used, you could use the CustomProps values - set them on the client via a login script, for example, and they will be reported back to ePO.

HTH -

Joe

Joe,

Thanks for reply and suggestions - what table contains the CustomProps values?

McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 8

I believe it's the computerproperties table, but you shouldn't need to go digging for it - these values are available to the query system in ePO so you can query for them, assign tags based on them, and so on

Regards -

Joe

Thanks for your help Joe

Joe,

Any suggestions on how to populate the custom field for around 4k+ workstations? The problem I'm having is that each store will have around 15-20 workstations that I'd need to populate the custom field with a ZIP code and we have around 500 stores.

Thx

McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

It really depends on your environment and the tools you have available, but all you need to do is set a registry value, so there's several ways of doing that - via login script, or group policy object, or SMS, for example.

Regards -

Joe

ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.