cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUTO ping

Hi I have a list of unmanaged systems and was wondering if there was a way to create a query which would go through this list and automatically ping each system and if reachable move to a folder and if unreachable move to a separate folder. The main area of this issue is finding a way to automate the ping aspect.

Thanks

1 Reply
McAfee Employee JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: AUTO ping

Hi...

Unfortunately this isn't possible as far as I know: the ping function is not an action that can be invoked by a server task.

If you can generate the list of reachable and unreachable machines externally, though, you could achieve desired result I think. Maybe something like this:

A server task runs a query that generates a list of unmanaged machines.

An external job like a batch file or python script goes through the list pinging them and generates two lists, one for reachable and one for unreachable

A short time later another server task runs that loads the reachable and unreachable lists and moves them to the desired folder(s).

Just a thought

Regards -

Joe

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community