Did you mean: 
epo909
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

API: Unknown column:Branch for table:EPOMasterCatalog

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a web application that needs to query ePO via API. I need to fetch the current DAT in the repository so I've assembled the following query:

target=EPOMasterCatalog&select=(select EPOMasterCatalog.ProductVersion)&where=(where (and (eq EPOMasterCatalog.ProductName "DAT") (eq EPOMasterCatalog.Branch "Current")))

When executing the query the server returns:

Error 0 :

Unknown column:Branch for table:EPOMasterCatalog

This is odd since EPOMasterCatalog does have a Branch column...

I need to specify the brach otherwise the query return 2 dat versions from branches 'current' and 'previous'.

I've also checked the API documentation and this seems the proper way to define a where with teh 'and' clause.

Anyone have any ideas why this is failing?

Thanks in advance.

RD

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Re: API: Unknown column:Branch for table:EPOMasterCatalog

Jump to solution

Hi...

You're correct in your assumption - not all columns are exposed to the query builder and API commands, and it appears that ePOMasterCatalog.Branch is one of the ones that is not. If you run the core.listTables command you'll get a list of the available columns, and the results of this for ePOMasterCatalog shows that Branch is not listed - but ProductVersion and ProductName are, which is why the other two queries work as expected.

So at the moment this would appear to be as designed: if you'd like to see this feature added to the API command set, please submit a PER and hopefully it will be implemented in a future version of ePO.

Thanks -

Joe

3 Replies
yeayu
Level 7
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am exactly facing the same issue... did you find an answer or even a workaround?

Thanks in advance

Jump to solution

Does anyone have any insight into this? I have the exact same issue.

It seems to work depending on the column being requested. ProductName works.
select EPOMasterCatalog.ProductVersion)&where=(where (like EPOMasterCatalog.ProductName "Linux Engine")

But Branch does not.
select EPOMasterCatalog.ProductVersion)&where=(where (like EPOMasterCatalog.Branch "Evaluation")

Highlighted
McAfee Employee JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi...

You're correct in your assumption - not all columns are exposed to the query builder and API commands, and it appears that ePOMasterCatalog.Branch is one of the ones that is not. If you run the core.listTables command you'll get a list of the available columns, and the results of this for ePOMasterCatalog shows that Branch is not listed - but ProductVersion and ProductName are, which is why the other two queries work as expected.

So at the moment this would appear to be as designed: if you'd like to see this feature added to the API command set, please submit a PER and hopefully it will be implemented in a future version of ePO.

Thanks -

Joe

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community