cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

API EPO PYTHON How to get ENDPOINT SECURITY VERSION ?

Jump to solution
Hi everyone, I'm using python to interact with the EPO API. I would like to get the version of the antivirus for each PCs. I succeed to get Virus Scan version using this : "EPOProdPropsView_VIRUSCAN.productversion". But i can't find what i need to apply to find the version for endPoint Security... I tried lot of time example : "EPOProdPropsView_XXX.productversion" XXX = ENS,ENDP,ENPS... If someone have an idea, let me know ! And if someone know where can i find all the "method" from EPOProdPropsView like .ProductVersion, .datver etc... Thanks ! Best regards,
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: API EPO PYTHON How to get ENDPOINT SECURITY VERSION ?

Jump to solution

[hmm thats odd, I replied to this yesterday!]

Anyway ... ENS stores its version detail in different locations(tables) for each module you have installed on the client.

I'd suggest you create a custom query in ePO query wizard first and ensure it gives you what you expect. Once you have run it and confirmed the results you get are the expected results, then modify the Python script to collect the data you seek, in this way you can be sure the script is working as it should.

I created a custom query in ePO to return 'ENS security platform' version details.
It looks like this:

• select [EPOProdPropsView_ENDPOINTSECURITYPLATFORM].[productversion], [EPOLeafNode].[AutoID] from [EPOLeafNode] left join [EPOProdPropsView_ENDPOINTSECURITYPLATFORM] on [EPOLeafNode].[AutoID] = [EPOProdPropsView_ENDPOINTSECURITYPLATFORM].[LeafNodeID] order by [EPOProdPropsView_ENDPOINTSECURITYPLATFORM].[productversion] asc

If you add the other modules (Firewall, etc) that script becomes more complex so I'd advise you work with one version feild first to make sure your modifcationswork and are giving you what you are looking for!

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

1 Reply
McAfee Employee Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: API EPO PYTHON How to get ENDPOINT SECURITY VERSION ?

Jump to solution

[hmm thats odd, I replied to this yesterday!]

Anyway ... ENS stores its version detail in different locations(tables) for each module you have installed on the client.

I'd suggest you create a custom query in ePO query wizard first and ensure it gives you what you expect. Once you have run it and confirmed the results you get are the expected results, then modify the Python script to collect the data you seek, in this way you can be sure the script is working as it should.

I created a custom query in ePO to return 'ENS security platform' version details.
It looks like this:

• select [EPOProdPropsView_ENDPOINTSECURITYPLATFORM].[productversion], [EPOLeafNode].[AutoID] from [EPOLeafNode] left join [EPOProdPropsView_ENDPOINTSECURITYPLATFORM] on [EPOLeafNode].[AutoID] = [EPOProdPropsView_ENDPOINTSECURITYPLATFORM].[LeafNodeID] order by [EPOProdPropsView_ENDPOINTSECURITYPLATFORM].[productversion] asc

If you add the other modules (Firewall, etc) that script becomes more complex so I'd advise you work with one version feild first to make sure your modifcationswork and are giving you what you are looking for!

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?