cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

AD Synchronisation

Hi,

I am trying to get EPO to synchronize with my AD at a regular interval, it currently does this every hour, is it possible to get this down to every 30mins - I presume this would be something I need to use "Cron Syntax" for?

Does anybody have an example of Cron Syntax for EPO as i'm stumped by that....:confused::)

5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

RE: AD Synchronisation

I would think you could just select "daily" and use different intervals although I think I remember only being able to add a certian amount of fields. It sure would be something to try regardless.
Highlighted

Just curious why you want to sync with AD that often?
Highlighted

Ahh, I think I know why you want to sync AD that often.

Are you running ePo 4.0? Would this work? Under Automation -> Server Tasks -> Edit your Active Directory Sync task. Change the Schedule to run "Hourly" at 0 minutes past the hour. Then hit the "+" sign next to the first Hourly Schedule entry to add a second Hourly entry and set it to run at 30 minutes past the hour.
Highlighted

Was just going to make the default computers container sync more often, as we have machines joining the domain regurlaly :o:)

Yep EPO 4.0 - Those hourly settings look promising i'll give those a try now - Thanks grin
Highlighted

Yep that's worked perfectly - Thanks Scissor grin
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community