Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
zuku
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 9

A synchronization task for this group is in progress. Go to the Server Task Log to check the status.

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to sync my systems with AD, when at the bottom of sync settings page I click "Synchronize now" i get an error: 
"A synchronization task for this group is in progress. Go to the Server Task Log to check the status."

On server task log I don't have any pending jobs. I have configured one AD sync job but it is scheduled at night 1AM.

How could I fix this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee vivs
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 9

Re: A synchronization task for this group is in progress. Go to the Server Task Log to check the sta

Jump to solution

Whenever you will click on the Synchronize now

"A synchronization task for this group is in progress. Go to the Server Task Log to check the status."

The above message will appear. Once the above message will appear please click on the save bottom right.

So this is not the error message.

Once the AD Sync task is getting completed or failed you will get the information in Server Task Log

View solution in original post

8 Replies
McAfee Employee vivs
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 9

Re: A synchronization task for this group is in progress. Go to the Server Task Log to check the sta

Jump to solution

Whenever you will click on the Synchronize now

The above message will appear. Once the above message will appear please click on the save bottom right.

So this is not the error message.

Once the AD Sync task is getting completed or failed you will get the information in Server Task Log

View solution in original post

McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 9

Jump to solution

What version of database you are using. I am assuming that database is full. To confirm, please look at Orion log (\ePO\server\logs) and search for 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
zuku
Level 8
Message 4 of 9

Jump to solution

sorry but I don't know where to find log that you talking about, In server Settings-->Server Information?

I use sql 2017 express

McAfee Employee vivs
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 9

Jump to solution

Below is the by default installation directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\Logs

So you need to go to the installation directory and check for Orion log.

SQL Express is having 10 GB by default, So you can follow the steps in the above reply and search for "PRIMARY" in orion.log.

McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 9

Jump to solution

Orion log will be under C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\Logs

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
zuku
Level 8
Message 7 of 9

Jump to solution

this orion log file have 457 KB

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 9

Jump to solution

If your database was full, you would have more issues than that message, as you wouldn't be able to even get in the console.  VIVS gave you the correct answer - that is a default message to let you know that it started the sync as you told it to.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

zuku
Level 8
Message 9 of 9

Jump to solution

my night job with AD sync is working, so I think that you are right, it's a standard notification. thanks

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community