Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

using Linux as a super agent

Jump to solution

I just inherited another ePo instance where they use HTTP repository.  I would like to use the server as a super agent instead of HTTP repository .

Question.

What is the requirement to use Linux as Super agent?

Can I remove Httpd and samba and still good to use as a Super Agent.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Re: using Linux as a super agent

Jump to solution

You shouldn't need httpd either, as the webserver in the agent is self-contained.  However, you would probably want to test that to be sure.  When you make it a superagent, you will have to define the directory in Linux format, but don't create the directory ahead of time.  The agent conversion process needs to create that.  Once it shows up as a repository in the distributed repositories, check to see of you see any errors in the agent logs.  They should be located in /var/McAfee/agent/logs directory.  The macmnsvc log is for superagent functionality logging.  

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

I am checking on whether the 2 services you mentioned are required or not, so I will get back with you.  As far as I know, you only need to apply superagent policy to the system.  However, superagent functionality is over http, so I am not sure then if you can remove httpd.  Since there is no network share authentication with superagents, I don't believe Samba would be in use for that.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Thank you for checking for me. 

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

You shouldn't need httpd either, as the webserver in the agent is self-contained.  However, you would probably want to test that to be sure.  When you make it a superagent, you will have to define the directory in Linux format, but don't create the directory ahead of time.  The agent conversion process needs to create that.  Once it shows up as a repository in the distributed repositories, check to see of you see any errors in the agent logs.  They should be located in /var/McAfee/agent/logs directory.  The macmnsvc log is for superagent functionality logging.  

Was my reply helpful?

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community