Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

update virus scan patch 9

hello

Dear friends

I update mcafee virus scan into patch 9 from software manager in my epo  but my computers do not get new product versions and patch versions and  product version remain 8.8.0.1599 and their hotfix remain 8, how can I update product version and prefix  from epo?also I can not return my product in previous version and can not select this items. my epo is 5.3 and  virus scan 8.8 and my agent is 5.3. please help me how to solve this problem.

4 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 5

Re: update virus scan patch 9

Do you have a changelog , for patch 9 ? Just curious , I couldn`t find something related to it.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 5

in my epo server log from DB log there is not any error, it indicate that it copied from master repository and my clients received it,that it shown below,

MOD_EPOREPOCopying file from master repository (C:\PROGRA~2\McAfee\EPOLIC~1\DB\Software\Current\VIRUSCAN8800\Patch\9\0000\PkgCatalog.z) to agent handler repository cache (C:\PROGRA~2\McAfee\EPOLIC~1\DB\RepoCache\Current\VIRUSCAN8800\Patch\9\0000\PkgCatalog.z)
MOD_EPOREPOReceived request, uri=/Software/Current/VIRUSCAN8800/Patch/9/0000/replica.log, remoteIP=

but in my computers the patch version and product versions not update

bandit61
Level 9
Message 4 of 5

McAfee provided 2 patches: VSE880MLRP9.zip and VSE880P9.zip. Did you registrated both in your master repository?

The first one contains the 2 extensions: VIRSUCAN8800(548).zip and VIRUSCANREPORTS120(346). Extract them both

and add these extensions to your repository.

Now after doing that, select one client in the epo-console, press the update now button and select VirusScan Enterprise 8.8.0

only. this should be doing the update to systems with P8 already installed. generate a client task under mcafee agent/product

deployment, set the group and the schedule, this way epo-server should handle the update. Also look in the mcafeelog-dir

on the client (normally c:\temp), if there are any entries like

frminst_xxxxxx.log

frminst_xxxxxx_error.log

ma_vscore_install_date.etl

ma_vscore_install_date.log

maconfig.log

mfeagent.msi.date.time.force.log

mfeagent.msi.date.time.log

vse8.8.0.core.commit_date_time.etl

vse8.8.0.core.commit_date_time.log

vse8.8.0.core.install_date_time.etl

vse8.8.0.core.install_date_time.log

VSE88_Patch9_date_time.log

Hello,

Just check in which branch you have saved Patch 9, and in McAfee Agent --> General policy --> Update tab select that branch for VSE.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community