cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to launch EPO 5.10

i have EPO 5.10 all updated Configured i have already done all the configurations. now when i rebooted the server i am getting the below errors on the login page. ComputerMgmt - Dependent plug-in RepositoryMgmt failed with initialization error SoftwareMgmt - Dependent plug-in ProductDeployment failed with initialization error EPOAGENTMETA - Dependent plug-in ProductDeployment failed with initialization error ENDP_FW_META - Dependent plug-in ENDP_GS_1000 failed with initialization error ProductDeployment - Dependent plug-in ComputerMgmt failed with initialization error CommonEvents - Dependent plug-in ComputerMgmt failed with initialization error coreCatalog - Dependent plug-in catalogFramework failed with initialization error SystemSortAPI - Dependent plug-in AgentMgmt failed with initialization error ENDP_WP_1000 - Dependent plug-in ENDP_GS_1000 failed with initialization error AgentMgmt - Dependent plug-in RepositoryMgmt failed with initialization error epoMigration - Dependent plug-in SoftwareMgmt failed with initialization error UpgradeAssistant - Dependent plug-in ProductDeployment failed with initialization error ENDP_MIG_META - Dependent plug-in ENDP_GS_1000 failed with initialization error RepositoryMgmt - MCPSRVER1000 - Dependent plug-in coreCatalog failed with initialization error ENDP_AM_1000 - Dependent plug-in ENDP_GS_1000 failed with initialization error PolicyMgmt - Dependent plug-in RepositoryMgmt failed with initialization error PostInstallXP - Dependent plug-in ProductDeployment failed with initialization error ENDP_GS_1000 - Dependent plug-in PostInstallXP failed with initialization error Notifications - Dependent plug-in CommonEvents failed with initialization error catalogFramework - Dependent plug-in PolicyMgmt failed with initialization error AssetCore - Dependent plug-in ComputerMgmt failed with initialization error Orion logs 2019-03-10 17:25:49,095 ERROR [main] plugin.PluginManager - Initialization of plugin ENDP_MIG_META failed.
2 Replies

Re: unable to launch EPO 5.10

@User56614107 

Did you get a chance to review the orion logs?

You may have a look at Orion logs which would give you with more information.  The Orion log is located in c:\program files (x86)\mcafee\epolicy orchestrator\server\logs. 

Did you attempt any passwords change? 

Go to https://servername:8443/core/config and validate the settings there. 

Is the eventparser service running?  If not, that is a failure to connect to the database.

Did you perform test.udl connection? was it working, if not  see kb70929.  If that fails, then you have wrong credentials, port, instance, or issues with sql going on.  If that fails, there is no way epo can connect.

I highly recommend you to follow the above and see if you could resolve the issue, otherwise, you may have to talk to McAfee to get this resolved at the earliest possible time.

I wish you good luck.

Venu
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: unable to launch EPO 5.10

What Vnaidu suggested is right - those errors indicate a connection to the database failure.  One thing you can check is if the sql server is using dynamic ports, did the port change on a reboot of the sql server?  The orion log will show connection failures and you may have to also look to see that nothing is wrong on the sql side.  Did any passwords change recently?  What prompted the reboot of the server?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community