Did you mean: 
ascha
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

topology

Jump to solution

hi,

we have 3 Agent handler, 1 epo Cluster (VM onprem), 1 DB server (VM), 1 TIE server (VM), and integrated to mvision EDR, also ATD, 

i'm a bit confused how to create a topology of our workflow actually, i searching all kb's about integrated mcafeee product (i need the picture), the unified/integrated pictures of our mcafee products; epo Server + DB server + TIE  Server + MVISION EDR + Agent handler (2 in DC 1 in DRC) + ATD,

is there anyone who can share it with me the topology pictures or all "how it works" unified

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rgc
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: topology

Jump to solution

Are you talking about the DXL topology ?

If yes, then how many DXL broker you have and also any limitations from region or location wise to restrict the traffic with the brokers.... and totally you have only one TIE right ?

If you looking on how and more details for DXL, i suggest to start with DXL broker Youtube video posted by McAfee for customers 

McAfee Center Stage Advanced DXL architecture and TIE best practices
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5qFrVLxDOU

00:00 Introduction
01:16 Breakdown of DXL architecture
02:07 What is Threat Intelligence Exchange (TIE)
02:58 Definitions and building blocks
03:52 Single site architecture of DXL
04:23 Demo of deployment and configuration

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Raghavendra GC - [RGC]

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rgc
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Are you talking about the DXL topology ?

If yes, then how many DXL broker you have and also any limitations from region or location wise to restrict the traffic with the brokers.... and totally you have only one TIE right ?

If you looking on how and more details for DXL, i suggest to start with DXL broker Youtube video posted by McAfee for customers 

McAfee Center Stage Advanced DXL architecture and TIE best practices
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5qFrVLxDOU

00:00 Introduction
01:16 Breakdown of DXL architecture
02:07 What is Threat Intelligence Exchange (TIE)
02:58 Definitions and building blocks
03:52 Single site architecture of DXL
04:23 Demo of deployment and configuration

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Raghavendra GC - [RGC]

View solution in original post

ascha
Level 9
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi thanks for your reply,

yes we only have one TIE server, and the dxl broker ? isn't the same bundling with TIE server OAV/image installation files ? we just deploy the oav/image to install TIE and dxl broker,

we have like 10k clients(agents installed) some with EDR clients and and dxl in it (besides ENS), and 3 AH,

i just draw the topology a little bit simplified, Check the Attachment,  and please if you can give a comment

rgc
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

As you mentioned it is right, we have one ISO / OVF for TIE DXL broker and MAR, which you can deploy all 3 on same box and also use same ISO/OVF for deploying DXL and MAR separately and also use same to deploy another TIE as secondary or other operation modes.

For the second question: managed 10 K with EDR clients & with 3 AH.
Till here i was clear, but I dont find any attachment, not sure I'm missing here or missed uploading from your end.

Was my reply helpful?

Raghavendra GC - [RGC]
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community