Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

shifting systems

Is there an automated way to shift all PCs from an old server of epo 3.6 to new server 4.0
the servers has different IPs
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 10
Message 2 of 4

RE: shifting systems

Hi,

That's close enough to my problem, see related question in http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=222852

From what I read to switch/shift PCs from one server to another, you need to uninstall the agent and reinstall the new FramePkg.exe...

Now you don't necessary need to switch PCs from one server to another. One solution is to give the NEW server the IP adress and FQDN of the OLD server...

The agents will blindly connect to the new server and don't need to know what version of ePO is running.

hope it helps
Serge
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

But when i xhange the IP address to the address of the old one I will lose the agents connecting to the new server :confused::confused:
Highlighted

Most servers now have 2 (or more) NICs, just multi-home the new box.
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community