Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TrentD
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

"System Properties” information not displaying in ePO

Jump to solution

We have notice some systems (about 1500) that are reporting to McAfee ePO,  some “System Properties” information like, IP address, Last Comms, OS type etc. are blank

As per KB91014, computer properties on the client system, which have changed since the last successful ASCI, might not get updated. Some examples might include the IP address or MAC address. But, the issue can occur with any of the computer properties. As per the KB article, this is affecting McAfee ePO 5.10 Update 1–8 and is resolved in ePO 5.10.0 Update 9. We have applied ePO 5.10.0 Update 9 but we are still having the issue on some systems.

We also did a check for duplicate agents and deleted all duplicate systems. Even sending a wakeup call from ePO with the following option selected: "Retrieve all properties even if they haven’t changed since the last time they were collected" made no difference.

MA version- 5.6.6.232

Any suggestions or advise?...Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

Re: "System Properties” information not displaying in ePO

Jump to solution

Ok, to start with, turn off epo services and then truncate that table -

truncate table epocomputerpropsstaging

Once you restart services, send a wakeup to a couple of systems or run collect and send props locally and see if anything updates.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

There are several things to check.

1.  does server log show any communication errors?

2.  does client masvc log show any communication or property collection errors?

3.  what is the result of this script in sql?  select count ( * ) from epocomputerpropsstaging

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

TrentD
Level 9
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi, below please find response...Thanks

There are several things to check.
1. does server log show any communication errors? No
2. does client masvc log show any communication or property collection errors? No
3. what is the result of this script in sql? select count ( * ) from epocomputerpropsstaging Result of sql script = 22047894

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Ok, to start with, turn off epo services and then truncate that table -

truncate table epocomputerpropsstaging

Once you restart services, send a wakeup to a couple of systems or run collect and send props locally and see if anything updates.

Was my reply helpful?

View solution in original post

TrentD
Level 9
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi, after running the "truncate table epocomputerpropsstaging", we have noticed the the system properties for the systems we ran the wakeup are now showing in ePO. We will monitor the remaining systems...Thanks

Also noticed KB94476 (Deadlocks recorded in EPO_ComputerPropsStaging table), would this also be a contributing factor since we are running ePO 5.10.0 Update 9?...Thanks

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

Yes, it could be a contributing factor.  Until you can go to update 10, keep an eye on that table to ensure it doesn't get large again.  It should fluctuate in size, but not that big.

Was my reply helpful?

TrentD
Level 9
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

Thank you for the feedback, will do. We are just waiting for the System Information Reporter (SIR) extension (available during Q2 2021 as per KB94079 ) to upgrade to ePO 5.10 CU10

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community