Did you mean: 
HBullock
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

policy.importPolicy issue

Jump to solution

While attempting to import a policy file using the following line:

result = oMcAfee.policy.importPolicy(MA_File, "true")

where MA_File='//server/PolicyXML$/MA_Policy.xml' or MA_File='\\server\PolicyXML$\MA_Policy.xml' or MA_File='\\\\server\\PolicyXML$\\MA_Policy.xml'

the command always fails with the error below.

file not found '\\usy90ap434\PolicyXML$\MA_Policy.xml'. It should be a fully qualified name.

Unhandled exception in thread started by <bound method dbgpSocket._getIncomingDataPacket of <dbgp.client.dbgpSocket instance at 0x00000000025A43C8

Can someone provide some insight into this problem?

Message was edited by: ajacobs on 10/18/11 5:11:21 PM CDT
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jbrooks2
Level 9
Message 3 of 6

Re: policy.importPolicy issue

Jump to solution

I would try the following file path:

"file://///server/PolicyXML$/MA_Policy.xml"

The python client's _CommandInvoker.invoke() method looks for the string "file:///" to determine if it should attempt a file upload.

The core.importPermissionSets command's online help documents this requirement for a file upload but apparently the importPolicy command does not and if this is the issue then it should be treated as a documentation bug.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
HBullock
Level 10
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

I called Platinum support with the scripting problem and was told they did not support ePO scripting and was directed to the community forum as the place to go to get support. Well I am disappointed in that no one from McAfee has responded. It appears there is little or no support for this new functionality.

jbrooks2
Level 9
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

I would try the following file path:

"file://///server/PolicyXML$/MA_Policy.xml"

The python client's _CommandInvoker.invoke() method looks for the string "file:///" to determine if it should attempt a file upload.

The core.importPermissionSets command's online help documents this requirement for a file upload but apparently the importPolicy command does not and if this is the issue then it should be treated as a documentation bug.

View solution in original post

HBullock
Level 10
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Thank you. I will test this after tonight's Focus event.

HBullock
Level 10
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

The construct you provided ("file://///server/PolicyXML$/MA_Policy.xml") worked. The policy file was read and the new policy created. thank you.

jbrooks2
Level 9
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Great.  I filed a bug on your behalf to update the command's documentation.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community