cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

policies not showing up in policy catalog

Jump to solution
I have recently installed endpoint security threat detection for linux 10.7.1 to our ePO system and one of our linux servers, in policy catalog the products do not show up in the list so I can not • Endpoint Security Threat Prevention • Endpoint Security Common in the policy catalog to manage the policies. How do I get them to show up.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 8 of 8

Re: policies not showing up in policy catalog

Jump to solution

No, you need the Endpoint for Security 10.7.1 extensions and it has nothing to do with site advisor.

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/endpoint-security--v10-7-0-installation-guide-linux/page/GUID-92E76C2...

Install the extensions on the McAfee ePO server

Install the extensions on the McAfee ePO server to be able to configure and deploy policies for managed systems.

You must install these extensions in this order to enable the features of the product:
  • Endpoint Security for Linux License — Endpoint Security for Linux license extension to view the operating system-specific tag in the policy and task options.
  • Endpoint Security Platform — Endpoint Security Common policy extension.
  • The following product modules as required:
    • Endpoint Security Threat Prevention extension
    • Endpoint Security Firewall extension

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

Hello @User85699727 

Thanks for your post.

There is no separate Extension for Endpoint Security for Linux (ENSL).

Only extensions you need to check-in the License Extension.

Please search the Linux Extension and get it checked in.

You can manage the policies through the same extensions which you are using for Windows.

ENS Linux License Extension is Mandatory.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

everything under McAfee Endpoint Security for Linux Threat Prewvention 10.7 is checked-in including endpoint security for linux 10.7 license extension.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

Please get a screenshot of all the ENS extensions you have checked in as well as screenshot of issue.  Do you see the category under assigned policies in system tree?    When did issue start and what changed?

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

attach screenshots.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

Ens for Linux uses the ENS main policies, so you have to check in the main ENS version also.  There is a bundle that contains all the required extensions and packages.  The only extension for the Linux version is the licensing extension for it.

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

would that be ePO Policy and Reporting Extension under McAfee SiteAdvisor Enterprise 3.5

and how is this related to ENS when ENS is not listed here,

also how come in the install documents there is nothing saying this needs to be installed any where or prerequisites.

Documentation sucks, looks like hundreds of unrelated documents all over and only half of what is needed to install or run anything.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

No, you need the Endpoint for Security 10.7.1 extensions and it has nothing to do with site advisor.

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/endpoint-security--v10-7-0-installation-guide-linux/page/GUID-92E76C2...

Install the extensions on the McAfee ePO server

Install the extensions on the McAfee ePO server to be able to configure and deploy policies for managed systems.

You must install these extensions in this order to enable the features of the product:
  • Endpoint Security for Linux License — Endpoint Security for Linux license extension to view the operating system-specific tag in the policy and task options.
  • Endpoint Security Platform — Endpoint Security Common policy extension.
  • The following product modules as required:
    • Endpoint Security Threat Prevention extension
    • Endpoint Security Firewall extension

Was my reply helpful?

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community