Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

notification email in epo 4.5

Hi,

I have recently upgraded my EPO to 4.5. In Automatic reponses I have Malware detected and not handled. On the filter page, i have selected Threat Category : Belongs to , Malware detected and Threat detected : Equals, True. My question is whether the Threat detected should be True or False? My intention is to get an email alert when the virus is detected and not handled by the VSE 8.5 or 8.7. Please advise.

Thanks,

Sridhar

4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: notification email in epo 4.5

Threat handled would be false, as in "I want to be alerted when the threat was not handled."

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

Thanks. I have modified the Threat handled to false. Today i have found the some events in the Threat event log and havent received any email notification though the threat handled is showing as false. I have attached the doc for your reference.

Thanks,

Sridhar

Highlighted

I have same issue here. I set up "Malware detected and not handled" and I am not getting email notification.

Here is how I set up Malware detected and not handled   "

Name:Malware detected and not handled
Description:Sends an e-mail notification when "Malware detected and not handled" events are received.
Event:Event group: ePO Notification Events
Event type: Threat
Aggregation:Trigger this response for every event.
Grouping:Do not group aggregated events.
Throttling:This response will be triggered at most once every 15 minutes
Actions:1: Send Email

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 5 of 5

can someone let me know why EPO is not sending email alerts when the the threat is detected and not handled?

Thanks,

Sridhar

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community