Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amir
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 11

no database connexion

Hello 

When I connect to the ePO URL i no longer see "epolicy orchestrator" but "Mcafee foundation services"

I see that I have a database connexion problem and I tried to refresh the "sa" password in localhost:8443/core/config but the test fails.

Can someone help me figure out how to solve this ? I am thinking the database is actually broken and I don't want to re deploy the ePO

Find the logs attached (orion1)

10 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 11

Re: no database connexion

Did the sa password change?  Can you log into sql management studio with that account?  Is sql on same server or different?  Are there errors in the sql logs on sql server?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

amir
Level 7
Message 3 of 11

Hi,

-I was thinking the sa password changed (I installed the epo for a client 10 months ago) and I refreshed it in SQL and epo database config using the initial password

-I have to go to the client and test it, will provide feedback about that

- SQL is on the same server as Epo

- I have to go and upload sql logs, meanwhile I can provide you with orion logs; you can download it via this link: 

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 11

We do not access logs from a remote site and I would not recommend you post any logs on any site that contains any sensitive information such as host names, IP, etc.  

If sql is sql express version, make sure you haven't run into the 10g limit for the database size.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 11

If you don't find cause from the logs, I would suggest opening a ticket with McAfee so we can review the logs.

Was my reply helpful?

amir
Level 7
Message 6 of 11

ERROR [http-nio-8443-exec-17] server.OrionSingleSignOn - could not find OrionEventDispatchService in OrionSingleSignOn
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'core.EventDispatchService' defined in resource loaded from byte array: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'core.EventDispatchService.cluster' while setting bean property 'services' with key [1]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'core.EventDispatchService.cluster' defined in resource loaded from byte array: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'core.cluster' while setting bean property 'cluster'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'core.cluster.factory' defined in resource loaded from byte array: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'core.db' while setting bean property 'db'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'core.db' defined in resource loaded from byte array: Bean instantiation via constructor failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [com.mcafee.orion.core.db.base.MfsDatabase]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot initialize database object: check database configuration in /core/configorg.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'core.db' defined in resource loaded from byte array: Bean instantiation via constructor failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [com.mcafee.orion.core.db.base.MfsDatabase]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot initialize database object: check database configuration in /core/config

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 11

You will see that since connection is failing.  Can you open management studio with the sa account credentials you are using in core/config?  If so, can you access the database or does it show in recovery?

Was my reply helpful?

amir
Level 7
Message 8 of 11

Hello
We can't connect using sa credentials
When I access the database using the domain admin credentials I can see the database is in recovery,

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 11

If the database is in recovery at the moment then the ePO server wont be able to connect to it and you have 2 options: 

1. Wait for the recovery to finish

2. Restore the database from a healthy back up (and ePO system files) 

More info on SQL restoring can be found on the Microsoft doc below:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/relational-databases/backup-restore/restore-and-recovery-overvi...

Was my reply helpful?

amir
Level 7
Message 10 of 11

Okay,

I think recovery is finished but it is now showing 'suspect'
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community