Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

include McAfee Agent on an image

Hi everybody,

A former colleague included McAfee agent on an image.

I don't know if he followed the recommendations on this page: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB84356 

Also I wanted to go check the guid in the regedit
It does not appear as you can see in the attached screenshot.

mcaffe-newmast.jpg

However, the agent's state indicates an "OK".

Can you tell me if this is normal?
Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: include McAfee Agent on an image

Hello @cpc464 

If someone has followed the below KB article:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB84356&_ga=2.230540316.18668323.1583115293-98...

in that case it seems ok/normal to me.

However, the agent's state indicates an "OK".

Just wanted to confirm whether the communication with ePO is correct and Agents are connecting with ePO at regular interval.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query! 

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 3

Re: include McAfee Agent on an image

Hello @cpc464 ,

The is a normal behavior.

when you run the query "maconfig -enforce -noguid" on the master image then the key in registry  Agent GUID will be removed and MA service will be stopped.

Once the deployment happens from the master image and deployed system is started it will start the agent service automatically and it will create a new AgentGUID.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Yash T
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community