Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

how to upgrade the Windows to recent version

I know that ePO solution is doing patch and distribution work.

However, there is no description about the ability to upgrade to windows10 from windows7, 8, or previous version 10.

I looked at the product manual(epo_590_pg_0b17_ko-kr.pdf) and it seemed that the contents of the os (windows) related update were not enough.

Let me know how to upgrade Windows OS version!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
5 Replies
Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Re: how to upgrade the Windows to recent version

Hi areum,

To be honest with you (taking the McAfee Staff hat off) I'd really not want anything other than the 'other vendors' own solution to manage an Operating system upgrade.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn818437(v=ws.11).aspx

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

mcoffee
Level 10
Message 3 of 6

seems a very strange place to field this question - as Hawkmoon suggested, go to microsoft and look for details on your specific upgrade path, its generally pretty straight forward, but following a Microsoft guide is the way to go!
-------
If my answer helped you, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 6

I want the way that patch management products offer (like Altiris from Symantec) rather than the way Microsoft provides.

Doesn't McAfee's ePO offer such a feature?

mcoffee
Level 10
Message 5 of 6

Altiris was a patch management solution in its own right, its only because Symantec acquired (bought them out) in 2007 that they were able to fold it into their endpoint offering.

McAfee hasn't gone down this route as far as I'm aware so no I dont believe you can do any Windows patch management using McAfee. 

-------
If my answer helped you, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Hi areum

The short answer is 'no' ePO will not mange your operating system upgrade! 

You really need to chat to MS about such things, sorry!

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community