cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

how to exclude a file from scanning via epo?

Hi forum.

This is my first posting and I hope someone can help. One of our users is workuing with a compiler and one of the files used with the compiler software causes a virus warning so that vse (8.7.0i) deletes the file and the programm stops working. I have opened a case at McAfee and uploaded the file but still waiting for an answer.

I know that I can exclude the file from scanning locally - which works fine until the policies are applied the next time... Is there a way (in ePo 4.0) to make an exclusion for the file and the single system?

Thanks a lot!

Calvin

2 Replies
JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: how to exclude a file from scanning via epo?

Hi Calvin...

Yes, this is a fairly simple process   All you need to do is the following:

1) Create a new policy object in ePO that contains the exclusion you want. Probably the easiest way to do this would be to duplicate the existing policy object that is being used by your machines and then modify it accordingly.

2) Assign the new policy object to the machine in question.

3) Send a wakeup call to the machine.

This will apply the exclusion to this one machine.

Regards -

Joe

tonyb99
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: how to exclude a file from scanning via epo?

You need to create an exception for the file location under the Virusscan enterprise ( as you did locally already) on access default processes policy in the exclusions section.

You also need to alter any scan tasks that are set to run on this location

You can do these by copying the old policies, tasks and creating new ones assigned just to that pc

This video shows you how to alter tasks and policy ( although its for different policies the basic where to look at the same) https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/TUTORIALS/30000/TU30009/en_US/corp_tutoria...

For full info on doing this check the epo 4 product guide https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/20000/PD20053/en_US/...

page 123 onwards

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community