Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 8

how many client PCs can be managed with default database

Hi -
About how many client PCs can be managed with the default database, SQL Server 2005 Express, installed with ePO 4? Thanks.
Will
7 Replies
Highlighted

RE: how many client PCs can be managed with default database

It all depends on how big your database gets. With SQL Express I believe the largest db you can have is 4GB.

I have over 600 clients right now and my db size is 4.1GB, so I'd be at my theoretical limit with express. I do not purge logs often. I have it set to do it once a year and my server has been online for about 3 months.

If you purge your logs often enough I would think you could run several thousand clients off one instance of SQL express. Though you may only have a few days worth of logs happy
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 3 of 8

Differences between the SQL 2005 versions

I have more than 1000 systems and tony said to me that 4Gb were enough.
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 8

I have one EPO 4.0 db of about 2GB running 3000 clients, I dont keep more than 3 months basic data and I purge my logs weekly.

I filter my traffic which is the major thing and only report on actually usefull functions.
Filtering rubbish like cookies and encrypted files and time outs will go a long way to reducing your db requirements. ( when you filter at the epo server configuration settings the p;olicies trickle to the agents and when they connect they start to only pass on what you want them to)

I also have a DB maintenance program

Of course I also have a 3.6.1 db running on a cluster at 16GB as it has lots of legacy data and I cant get the squirrel admin to chop the last 4 years data off and reindex/compact as hes too busy (and I'd get sacked if i do it myself)
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 5 of 8

How do you do that? Server tasks? Which are they ?
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 8

yes i have a server task i made in automation section, runs on a sunday morning
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 7 of 8

You have one task to purge the logs (what is it nearly french?) and one to purge the systems and/or the conformity if I understand ?
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 8

I dont purge systems automatically on that one as I have no control over the clients I just manually do it once in a while so I just have one task to clear all the logs down, most to 30 days some to 90 where our wsecurity team require that info to be held easlity access

log - tronçonner, rondin
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community