Did you mean: 
dmease27
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

hash comparisons match failed - McAfee Agent for Linux 5.7.1-116

Jump to solution

Hi,

Noticed multiple entries in the log regarding 'hash comparisons match failed'.  Nothing else looks out of place, and when set to debug, the crypto messages either side look as if everything is working.  It may happen naturally during the course of the agent running, however on my lab host, it is seen every time just after cmdagent is issued with any switch.

Example output (full log can be provided if required):

2021-02-10 15:34:52.398 (2408.2408) crypto.Debug: verification passed
2021-02-10 15:34:52.398 (2408.2408) msgbus.Warning: hash comparisons match failed
2021-02-10 15:34:52.399 (2408.2408) msgbus.Warning: hash comparisons match failed
2021-02-10 15:34:52.399 (2408.2408) msgbus.Warning: hash comparisons match failed
2021-02-10 15:34:52.399 (2408.2408) msgbus.Debug: authentication passed, signer name: GlobalSign CodeSigning CA - SHA256 - G3 subject name: McAfee, Inc.

These errors persist even after a client task deploys the latest MsgBus Cert Updater.

As the message bus relates to SIA integrations, I am not sure why we are seeing this as the lab host is essentially a vanilla CentOS7 host, with the Agent installed.  Is there a possibility that this would impact any SIA integrations should they be deployed?

Cheers,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dmease27
Level 9
Message 5 of 5

Re: hash comparisons match failed - McAfee Agent for Linux 5.7.1-116

Jump to solution

Hi,

Following discussions with support advanced team: This is cosmetic and can be ignored.

cheers,

View solution in original post

4 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

I would suggest opening a ticket with McAfee so we can look at logs without you posting things on a public forum that might contain sensitive data.  I would be interested in looking at an agent mer with the agent in trace logging mode.  

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB69542 - it may take a restart of agent services once enabling trace mode - ensure you see trace in the agent logs to validate in trace mode.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB83005 for using the mer for MA on Linux.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

dmease27
Level 9
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Cheers cdinet,

No worry about sensitive information, this is a home lab.  I will look to raise a case and get the relevant details across.

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Thanks!  Even if it is a home lab, GDPR prevents us from allowing sensitive info posted here.  

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

dmease27
Level 9
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi,

Following discussions with support advanced team: This is cosmetic and can be ignored.

cheers,

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community