Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

epo

I mater repo 

I see a large number of viruScan enterprise I want to run what is marked

but when  I create  " Create Deployment Task" i get this message

" No installable package types have been selected. Do you want to continue?

• VirusScan Enterprise"    
    see attached print screen 

14 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 15

Re: epo

Hello @Nimrod99 

Thanks for your post.

The package which is available in Master Repository is Patch package which used to update VSE from different version to different version with the help of Product Update Task.

You have selected the Product Deployment Task and for you need to check in the complete package of VSE from Software Catalog.

For fresh installation we use full package type of task would be Product Deployment Task.

Refer KB51111 to know the product version completely it should be 8.8.0.build number 

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Highlighted

I have it in software catalog  see print screen  see also master repo print screen 

It seems to be running  but no updating product deployment  

is it possible step by step guidance ??

Nimrod 

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 15

First one is VSE for linux.

Second is only patch 15 which would be useful in case you are doing patch update for existing VSE clients.

Third one is Language package which is help file.

To deploy VSE on the client machine, please download/check in from software manager. file name would be VSE880LMLRP15. check into ePO master repository and deploy using 'Product deployment' task

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

I have it in software catalog  see print screen  see also master repo print screen 

It seems to be running  but no updating product deployment  

is it possible step by step guidance ??

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 15

Per screenshot, you checked in only patch 15.

To deploy on new machines, we need Repost package.

Highlighted

hi
this in not new machine this machine as already patch 6 and I what to upgrade patch 15 through the EPO
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 15

Hello @Nimrod99 

Thanks for your response.

I would like to inform you that please create a fresh Product Update Task and schedule it.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 15

To clarify what Vivs stated, if VSE is already installed and you want to install a patch, you can't use a deployment task for that.  The install would see VSE already installed (if you were using the full installer with the later patch), and abort - it doesn't look at patch levels, just whether product is installed or not.  For patch updates, they have to be done via the patch only installer in an update task.

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted

Ok .cool how do i ran update task. from EPO console ? 

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community