cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: epo web client can't start

We checked it already this issue. there is something wrong with SQL.

Highlighted

this is just for checking the connectivity with authentication test.

It is not connecting to not starting the parser.

Highlighted

How to solve this problem ?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 24 of 27

Orion log

org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate bean class [com.mcafee.orion.core.db.base.Database]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: Login failed for user 'sa'.

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate bean class [com.mcafee.orion.core.db.base.Database]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: Login failed for user 'sa'.

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Login failed for user 'sa'

As suggested by some of the reader, looks like you are using SA user to connect the database. Please validate \core\config page (https://<server name>:8443/core/config), write the password for SA, click on 'test connection' then Apply.

This needs service restart.

After service restart, let me know how things goes.

Highlighted

As I told before, the problem is coming from SQL misbehave. I had a similar issue before and I solved it by the Article which I mentioned.

Highlighted

i had deleted event log from following queries but cant start mcafee web client what to do ?

SET rowcount 10000

DELETE FROM epoEvents

WHERE detectedutc < '2014-11-26'

WHILE @@rowcount > 0

BEGIN

DELETE FROM epoEvents

WHERE detectedutc < '2014-11-26'

END

SET rowcount 0

GO

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 27 of 27

The log files you shared earlier doesn't indicate me for DB full. If suggestion didn't fix the issue then please open case with support.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community