Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 27

Re: epo web client can't start

Expected. If you can share Orion log then I will be able to confirm the cause and solution for the issue.

Highlighted

how to solve this problem ?

McAfee.jpg

Highlighted

Did you re-authenticate with sa users ?

By which account your SQL services are running ? Local System or Network or some admin user

Highlighted

all services are running on local system

Highlighted

Hi

Yesterday I have similar issue with one of my customer,

ePO other two services were running but Event parser was not starting. I did following:

open ePO authentication page--> I found windows admin credentials to connect with DB, I changed it to SA and apply settings. Restart all epo services including db and issue resolved.

How your SQL installed, Mixed mode or only with SA credentials ?

Highlighted

I had installed SQL on Mix mode. i had already checked admin credentials. i had changed SA Password but can't start this service.

Highlighted

Is it possible to upgrade the edition of your sql or not?

Highlighted

Highlighted

Your case is seems so complicated to discuss here. I am agree with hem to open the case.

2014-11-28 01:00:08,888 ERROR [mfs:pool-1-thread-8] services.DownloadService  - SQL Exception trying to update products strings.

java.sql.SQLException: Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_EPOSoftwareCatalogStrings'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.EPOSoftwareCatalogStrings'.

Please check your time synchronization too because it is not right if it is new orion log and also there is other problem about insert duplicate key which is strange.

Do you have installed the purchased ePO with license or it is trial?

BTW I think opening the case is the best way of solution find.

Enjoy.

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 20 of 27

I have faced the same problem but in my case my EPO application server password expired which i used to get login to the server.

See first thing as suggested by most of the people is to check sa login in your db,Because when we are not able to login most of the time event parser error comes.

Test database connectivity from EPO by http://localhost:8443/core/config.Select sa & verify sa password by test connection

Can you attach the screenshot of EPO GUI.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community