cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

epo Deployment Kit 9.6.1

Dears,

Good morning, I am having a third party silent MSI executable file that I would like to push it via the ePO instead of any other tool.

Every time am trying to upload the built Package and to run a client task on a test machine, I am always getting "Error Installing xxxx" as marked in the attachment

N.B: We do not have any specific commands to run, this is why I am always leaving that field empty. Also I have tried to put the original exe file along with the full command that includes the site token that should be installed with, but with no luck also.

Thanks a lot for your help please.

2 Replies
vivs
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: epo Deployment Kit 9.6.1

Hello @AhmedElWazir 

Thanks for your post.

Could you please help us with the attachment.

Also what errors you are seeing the masvc.log and mcsript_deploy.log

Instructions are here for EEDK:

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/ePolicy-Orchestrator-ePO/ePO-Endpoint-Deployment-Kit-EEDK-Getting-st...

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members? 

TrentD
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: epo Deployment Kit 9.6.1

Hi,

A batch file is necessary to run a MSI file as it cannot be successfully called from the EEDK package tool.

As per below, please find example of Nessus Agent MSI file where we used EEDK to deploy. We created a batch file using the below and called the batch file in EEDK. We successfully deployed Nessus Agent via ePO using this method...Hope this helps...Thanks 

@echo off
:: ################################################
:: Set environment to current product folder
pushd "%~dp0"
:: Get software package source directory and set as variable SRCDIR
SET SRCDIR=
for /f "delims=" %%a in ('cd') do @set SRCDIR=%%a
:: Execute msiexec.exe in a separate CMD process and install specified package from source dir with no user interaction
%comspec% /c %systemroot%\system32\msiexec.exe /i %SRCDIR%\xxxxxx.msi NESSUS_GROUPS="xxxxxxx" NESSUS_SERVER="xxxxx:port" NESSUS_KEY=xxxxxxx /qn /L*v c:\temp\nessus.log
goto EOF
:: Exit and pass proper exit to agent
:: ################################################
:EOF
Exit /B 0

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community