Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kieshan
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

epo 5.9.1 migrate to epo 5.10

dear all,

I have to migrate the epo 5.9.1 epo server to a new server with epo 5.10. (on prem server)

- what are the best steps to do the migration where all the devices and policies can be imported into the epo 5.10. ( A fully migration )

please help and suggest

4 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 5

Re: epo 5.9.1 migrate to epo 5.10

Hello @kieshan 

Thanks for your post.

Unfortunately this can be achieved.

I would like to inform you that migration can be done in same version like from one ePO Server (2008 R2) to same ePO version on (2012 R2) with the help of the KB66616.

You can not change the version like ePO 5.9.x to ePO 5.10.x

Having said that you can transfer the policies and system tree in ePO 5.10 with the help of the below KB articles:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB79283

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB88822

So, If you are willing to install a new ePO Server 5.10 and then transfer the systems and export import the policies (make sure the extensions are latest versions).

Please let me know if you have any other query.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

Are you referring to building a new 5.10 server and transferring everything over to it, or upgrading 5.9 to 5.10 on a new server?  If you are wanting to upgrade your existing and move it over to a new server, you first need to look at supported OS and sql kb - kb51569 to make sure that the os and sql versions you are moving to is supported.  Once that is determined, you can do a restore from snapshot to move it to a new server.  It would be preferable to keep servername and/or IP the same to not break communication with the agents.

An example scenario would be if you wanted to upgrade and move to a 2019 Windows server.  Since that isn't supported on 5.9, you would need to updgrade your existing epo to 5.10 first, then use the disaster recovery snapshot procedure to move it over after upgrade to the 2019 server.  

If you are doing a whole new server and want to transfer systems from existing epo to the new epo, follow the product guide (docs.mcafee.com) for exporting/importing system tree, policies, tasks, assignments, tags, etc.  To be honest, the restore from snapshot is easier route as it preserves all settings, policies, etc.  Otherwise you have to be sure to first have all the same software checked in, extensions, make sure policies and other settings are configured properly before moving clients over.  Additionally, any imported tasks will need to be reviewed for correct tag and product version assignments once imported.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

kieshan
Level 8
Message 4 of 5

Yes, I have built a new epo 5.10 running on Windows Server 2019 and want to transfer everything over from the existing  epo 5.9 running on Windows Server 2012.

Please suggest/advice.

thansk

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 5 of 5

Hello @kieshan 

Thanks for your post.

Please refer KB79283 for systems transfer from one ePO server to another ePO server.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB79283

For registering the new ePO server in your old ePO server you will not see the option for 5.10, So please select the 5.9 and proceed.

Do refer KB88822 for policy transfer.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB88822

For migrating the policies please make sure that you have the latest version of extension checked-in in your new ePO server.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community