cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

epo 4.6.1 Installation fails on Server 2008 R2 running SQL 2008 R2

All

I have a freshly installed server running Windows 2008 R2 x64 with a clean SQL 2008 R2 instance called .\AVS

Firstly, I had to enable the 8.3 name convention for Windows 2008 R2 x64 to get the installer to run.  Then following the installer prompts I was able to go through the installation all fine.

While I was watching the install I noticed that it was performing a "Rollback" and ended up wit nothing being installed.

I have tried this a few times.  I am logged into the machine as a Domain Administrator which of course has local administrative rights.

i have looked in the %temp% area and can see some log files....but can't see anything that makes sense of why my install is failing? It is just garble.

Can anyone help? ...

5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: epo 4.6.1 Installation fails on Server 2008 R2 running SQL 2008 R2

Anyone?...

Highlighted

I've just tried it with the SQL 2005 Express default installation and it still fails.

Must be something?

Highlighted

Hi japowell, it can be a bit difficult to see why it rollbacks.

Most usual causes can be:

- You are using non-alphanumeric passwords (logged-on user on windows or the admin password for the ePO console)

- You may see a java-related error on the logs (see https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB60569)

And I had a customer who couldn't install ePO 4.6.1 (always rollbacking) and the problem was that Tomcat 6 was already installed on the server (ePO uses Tomcat 5) so they had to uninstall Tomcat 6 before proceeding.

Highlighted

Thanks for the ideas...Guess what, turned out the machine had a version of TomCat installed that hadn't been removed.

Someone had installed VCentre Server and removed it, but an instance of TomCat was still running. 

Thanks Guys.

Highlighted
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 6

Have a look at KB71825 that may give you some clues.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB71825

/Magnus

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community