cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePo is send sending tasks to its clients

Jump to solution
Hello Experts , The issue that we can not run tasks, if I reboot the epo machines (Windows server2019) I can send the tasks to my client such as begin update / end update ) then after few minutes if I try to send again a new tasks nothing happen and nothing in McAfee agent status is shown and the page in blank.if i reboot the machine , again i can send the tasks . see the video in https://wetransfer.com/downloads/46ea25fe5667d26d398906897a4cfc0820220125091644/3f35fc4e4b5d74fd8e15... thank you and kind regards Soufiane
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 15

Re: ePo is send sending tasks to its clients

Jump to solution

That Run Client task now is using the Data Channel and we had some issues with in the past not cleaning the Queue of this task. which CU do you have on your ePO 5.10? 

Could you please run the query from Step 2 from the below article and see if you have 2 clean up task? 

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB84114

Regards

Alejandro

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Jump to solution

Note: my ePo version is 5.10

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 15

Jump to solution

That Run Client task now is using the Data Channel and we had some issues with in the past not cleaning the Queue of this task. which CU do you have on your ePO 5.10? 

Could you please run the query from Step 2 from the below article and see if you have 2 clean up task? 

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB84114

Regards

Alejandro

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 15

Jump to solution

If rebooting epo temporarily resolves, then it is possible you are missing some of the internal tasks from KB you were pointed to.  You could also be running into a connection leak with some known extension versions that would cause that.  You might want to open a ticket with us so we can look at data that should not be posted here or on any public forum.

Was my reply helpful?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 15

Jump to solution

As a side note, you should only be using run client task now on a limited bases - it is not meant for mass deployments.  You should rather use assigned client tasks as a general rule.

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

i run the below queery:

SELECT
SUBSTRING(TaskDescription, LEN(LEFT(TaskDescription, CHARINDEX ('<name>', TaskDescription))) + 6, LEN(TaskDescription) - LEN(LEFT(TaskDescription, CHARINDEX ('<name>', TaskDescription))) - LEN(RIGHT(TaskDescription, LEN(TaskDescription) - CHARINDEX ('</name>', TaskDescription))) - 6) as 'Task Name',
CONVERT(datetime, SWITCHOFFSET(CONVERT(datetimeoffset, OrionTaskQueueMT.RunTime), DATENAME(TzOffset, SYSDATETIMEOFFSET()))) AS 'Local Start Time',
CONVERT(datetime, SWITCHOFFSET(CONVERT(datetimeoffset, OrionTaskQueueMT.EnqueuedTime), DATENAME(TzOffset, SYSDATETIMEOFFSET()))) AS 'Local Queued Time',
CASE WHEN State=0 THEN 'Queued' WHEN State=1 THEN 'INVALID' WHEN State=2 THEN 'Pending/Waiting' WHEN State=3 THEN 'Running' ELSE 'Unknown' END as 'State'
FROM OrionTaskQueueMT
where taskdescription like '%db clean%'

then i  rebooted my PC, it worked , then after 5 min i tried to run tasks again and the same issue ( blank)

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 15

Jump to solution

what is the result of the query? 

Jump to solution

attached the screenshots

Jump to solution

I m using ePO 5.10, and the query from step 2 only returns the DB Clean-up Task, and not the CD DB Clean-up Task. 

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 15

Jump to solution

You are missing one of the internal tasks - have you applied any updates to epo yet?  The base install was missing one of the critical tasks that was fixed in cu 1.  At the very least, you need update 9, preferably update 12.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community