cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

ePOupdater 5.10 fails to connect to database

Jump to solution
we are trying to update ePO from 5.3.1 to 5.10 update 8, when run the ePOupdater I get failed to connect to database and no other messages can be found. it pulls all connection information from the existing install except password, which I verified works. Can not find out what is missing.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: ePOupdater 5.10 fails to connect to database

Jump to solution

I found the issue, now that I found the log file.

was running the wrong software. could not connect to the events DB which of course did not exist yet.

Now I got the right software, and moving forward.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hello, 

Can you please upload the EPOUpdater Log, which should be located in %temp%\McAfeeLogs folder. We can view this for you. 

Also in regards to password, yes you have to enter it manually, everything else will be retrieved from the EPO db.properties file.  

Can you also please run UDL Test and tell us about the result.

How to test SQL database connectivity using a test.udl file:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB70929

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thank You,

Siushan M.
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Also since you are upgrading from 5.3 to 5.10, please check database compatibility mode. There is possibility that database is running in older compat. mode which may not compatible with 5.10 and we need to raise compat mode.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I found the issue, now that I found the log file.

was running the wrong software. could not connect to the events DB which of course did not exist yet.

Now I got the right software, and moving forward.

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community