Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BB_RTI
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

ePO unable to deploy products macos 10.13.6

Jump to solution

Greetings, I'm still learning - please bear with me.

I am attempting to deploy our setup to a user's macbook. The previous installation stopped working, where the shield disappeared from the apple menu bar. This happens time to time, and I have had no problems reinstalling the agent...until now.

ePO seems to be unable to properly deploy our products. After installing, the machine will only appear in ePO after manually initiating cdmagent -p in terminal.

Once the machine's properties are collected, our server identifies that the agent needs additional products, so Target-ES and Target-CP are applied to the machine. 

However,

These products are unable to be deployed to the machine. The machine will sit in ePO and the only recorded installed product will be our Agent (5.5.1.374). 

The folder in /usr/Local/McAfee/ will not appear. 

When using Run Client Task Now in ePO, the task says completed, but the products remain missing. 

I have tried a full removal of all McAfee products as listed in Solution 2:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB88461

Although I am sure that if I reimage this device we will be able successfully proceed, that is not always the best solution for end users. 

But after removal and redeployment, this machine seems to be stuck. Is there anything I can try before re-imaging this device? 

If there is any additional information I can provide, please let me know as soon as possible.

Although I am sure that if I reimage this device we will be able successfully proceed, that is not always the best solution for end users. 

Thank you for your assistance. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BB_RTI
Level 7
Message 2 of 3

Re: ePO unable to deploy products macos 10.13.6

Jump to solution

Just an update on this issue -

After crawling through the logs, I was able to resolve my issue by removing the following:

/private/etc/ma.d/
/private/etc/cma.d/
/private/etc/cma.conf

However, does anyone know why this works or if there is a relevant KB explaining the significance of these locations?

Thank you. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BB_RTI
Level 7
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Just an update on this issue -

After crawling through the logs, I was able to resolve my issue by removing the following:

/private/etc/ma.d/
/private/etc/cma.d/
/private/etc/cma.conf

However, does anyone know why this works or if there is a relevant KB explaining the significance of these locations?

Thank you. 

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution
Did that system used to have an older version of the agent on it at one point? The product guide for the agent lists the file locations and not sure how they got into any private directory. The product guide shows this as the path and doesn't list the cma files: /etc/ma.d What is listed in the /etc folder for ma or cma (not /private/etc)? What entry in the logs lead you to that location?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community