vandreytrindade
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 8

ePO not updating ENS to latest version

Jump to solution

Hi!

I downloaded yesterday the latest ENS update (July update) and checked the package on ePO.

When I try to do a n "Update Now" task on a client, nothing happens...

Anotação 2019-07-03 100413.jpg

So I tried to update manually by running the install package, and my machine is now updated...

Sem título.png

My machine is the EST001927.

What am I missing?

Att,
Vandrey Trindade
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bbair
Level 8
Message 5 of 8

Re: ePO not updating ENS to latest version

Jump to solution
Looking at your screenshot, you have the Installs checked-in, not the patch/HF. Those may be available via SC later, but for the moment you would have to do a new client task to install the software. A Update Task will not apply Installs.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

I notice you have some in previous branch and some in current.  What is the agent policy configured for where to update ens patches from?  The agents will only pull from the branch that is configured in the policy for updates. 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

vandreytrindade
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

@cdinet,

Hey! Good question... How do I check that?

This?

Sem título.png

Att,
Vandrey Trindade
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

Yes, exactly.  If that is correct branch, then you need to look at mcscript log on the client to see any issues there getting files from server.  If it gets files and runs the setup, then you would look in the windows\temp\mcafeelogs folder for the install logs.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

bbair
Level 8
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution
Looking at your screenshot, you have the Installs checked-in, not the patch/HF. Those may be available via SC later, but for the moment you would have to do a new client task to install the software. A Update Task will not apply Installs.

View solution in original post

vandreytrindade
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

I thought it would work because on the download site from McAfee it says that the package is intended for "new installations and upgrades from previous versions".

Sem título.png

But I'll wait for the release of the patch/HF packages. Thanks!

Att,
Vandrey Trindade
bbair
Level 8
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

That is actually not too far off. When going from major versions 10.2 or 10.5, you should have a task that does a product deployment and is a previous version. If you're already on 10.6, it's a minor upgrade and would become a Patch/HF.

I haven't seen anything that implies there will be a Patch/HF, but they typically get released a few days/weeks after the full install.  Nothing wrong with using your deployment task/queries to detect and deployment appropriately for your non-production machines if you're not willing to wait.   

denn
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

for full install required a client task for deployment.

for hotfix/patch required to check in and check Agent General policy, Update tab, there is setting what bruch to choose for HF/Patch

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community