Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FG_Mark
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

ePO and Protection Workspace Reporting

Jump to solution

Has anyone experienced a sudden drop in compliance reporting after a repository update? Also, notice two extensions missing. They were there but are not now. Thanks in advance for any advice.

ePO Issues.jpg

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Re: ePO and Protection Workspace Reporting

Jump to solution

Yea, you have to be careful removing extensions, as you can lose all your policies for that product.  Make sure in server settings, policy and task retention, that you have that enabled if you ever do have to remove an extension.  If you don't want to keep the policies, then temporarily disable that.  

Pull tasks only pull content updates, like dats, amcore, engines, etc.  To update software versions, that has to be done via the software catalog.  Once you update your software, then you would need to edit your deployment tasks and/or update tasks to push out the new software when you are ready to deploy.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

What particular products did you update?  What specific extensions are missing?  The compliance determines if systems are up to date, not just with content, but product versions.  So if you didn't update the clients to latest versions you checked in, they may show out of compliance due to not at the latest version.  

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

FG_Mark
Level 8
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Hmmm, you may be on to something I overlooked. The adaptive threat on my client is version 10.7.0.2481 but I do not see that version in my software catalog at all. I only see 10.6. It seems I may have removed that from the software catalog. But, it still shows up as a deployable product in client task? I am definitely doing something wrong.

How do I update the software catalog? I tried a master repository pull multiple times. They are successful but no change in the software library.

FG_Mark
Level 8
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Oh, to answer your first question, we did a check-in on all the software in the library catalog for endpoint applications. 

FG_Mark
Level 8
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution
Its always the easy and obvious answers. My compliance numbers dropped because software was updated on server catalog but a vast majority of my systems were still on the previous version. I assumed, for some strange reason, ePO was like a WSUS server. It is not, i think. I assumed my previously created client task would use the latest software versions and did not realize I was pushing the previous version every time I tried to deploy after I updated. I had also managed to remove an extension I was using when I was getting rid of unneeded extensions .

To fix my issues I added the missing server extension, and updated my client task catalogs with the most up to date software. I also learned to be a little more attentive when deleting used extensions from ePO.
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Yea, you have to be careful removing extensions, as you can lose all your policies for that product.  Make sure in server settings, policy and task retention, that you have that enabled if you ever do have to remove an extension.  If you don't want to keep the policies, then temporarily disable that.  

Pull tasks only pull content updates, like dats, amcore, engines, etc.  To update software versions, that has to be done via the software catalog.  Once you update your software, then you would need to edit your deployment tasks and/or update tasks to push out the new software when you are ready to deploy.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community