Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mr54
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

ePO Web API : remote executeQuery | joinTables

Hello,

I'm currently trying to execute queries with ePO's API, and it's working pretty well, if I don't try to join tables.

For example, I would get Client Events with a task. The SQL code is :

select [EPOProductEvents].[ReceivedUTC], [EPOProductEvents].[TVDEventID], [EPOEventFilterDesc].[Name], [EPOProductEvents].[TVDSeverity], [EPOProductEvents].[IPV6], [EPOProductEvents].[AutoID] from [EPOProductEvents] left join [EPOEventFilterDesc] on [EPOProductEvents].[TVDEventID] = [EPOEventFilterDesc].[EventId] and (EPOEventFilterDesc.Language='0409') where ( [EPOProductEvents].[ReceivedUTC] between DATEADD(HOUR, DATEDIFF(HOUR, 0, GETUTCDATE())-1, 0) and DATEADD(HOUR, DATEDIFF(HOUR, 0, GETUTCDATE()), 0) )

My target is : EPOProductEvent and I want to join this table with EPOEventFilterDesc to get some others attributes, but it doesn't work. Each time I precise the "joinTables" argument, I have some errors.

Except that  if I don't specify "joinTables", I have a result, with some empty attributes but with joinTables, it doesn't work anymore.

query = {
   'target':'EPOProductEvents',
   'select':'(select (top 10) EPOProductEvents.ReceivedUTC EPOProductEvents.TVDEventID EPOProductEvents.TVDSeverity EPOProductEvents.AutoID EPOProductEvents.IPV6 EPOEventFilterDesc.Name EPOEventFilterDesc.Name)',
   'joinTables':'EPOEventFilterDesc'
}

According to this guide : https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/epolicy-orchestrator-web-api-reference-guide/page/GUID-F8BA4F50-D930-... , the method should work.

I try to precise the join attributes on 'where' cond, but same result.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

mr

2 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: ePO Web API : remote executeQuery | joinTables

Create the same query in epo console, save it, then view query syntax.  That might show you what it would expect to see.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

mr54
Level 8
Message 3 of 3

Re: ePO Web API : remote executeQuery | joinTables

What do you meen by "query syntax" ? Because the first code I wrote was the SQL export of my query from epo.

select [EPOProductEvents].[ReceivedUTC], [EPOProductEvents].[TVDEventID], [EPOEventFilterDesc].[Name], [EPOProductEvents].[TVDSeverity], [EPOProductEvents].[IPV6], [EPOProductEvents].[AutoID] from [EPOProductEvents] left join [EPOEventFilterDesc] on [EPOProductEvents].[TVDEventID] = [EPOEventFilterDesc].[EventId] and (EPOEventFilterDesc.Language='0409') where ( [EPOProductEvents].[ReceivedUTC] between DATEADD(HOUR, DATEDIFF(HOUR, 0, GETUTCDATE())-1, 0) and DATEADD(HOUR, DATEDIFF(HOUR, 0, GETUTCDATE()), 0) ) order by [EPOProductEvents].[ReceivedUTC] asc

I aslo have the xml code if I export the query :

<?xml version="1.0"?>
-<list id="1">
-<query id="2">
<dictionary id="3"/>
<name>MR</name>
<description>client test</description>
<target>EPOProductEvents</target>
<table-uri>query:table?orion.table.order=asc&orion.table.columns=EPOProductEvents.ReceivedUTC%3AEPOProductEvents.TVDEventID%3AEPOEventFilterDesc.Name%3AEPOProductEvents.TVDSeverity%3AEPOProductEvents.IPV6&orion.table.order.by=EPOProductEvents.ReceivedUTC</table-uri>
<condition-uri>query:condition?orion.condition.sexp=%28+where+%28+newerThanFull+EPOProductEvents.ReceivedUTC+3600000++%29+%29</condition-uri>
<summary-uri>query:summary?orion.query.type=table.table&orion.sum.query=false</summary-uri>
</query>
</list>

No one tells me how to join tables if I'm not mistaken.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community