Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 12

Re: ePO Server Upgrade from 5.3.2 to 5.3.3 Failing

There are many reasons for upgrade failures.  My recommendation would be to open a ticket with McAfee. 

When the PIA tool triggers on the RSA compatibility, whether you are using SSL to connect to the database or not, the upgrade will fail if the cipher suites are not in the recommended order on the sql server.  Refer to KB87731 for how to reorder the cipher suites.

For the sql credentials using the PIA tool, it uses 2 credentials.

1 - epo database connection credentials

2 - Windows local administrator account (or domain, as long as it is an admin on the sql server).  This is so the tool can gather system information on the server itself.  It is a know issue that this can fail if the sql server is a cluster.  See KB88906 for known issues.

As another suggestion, be sure to go through every item in KB71825.  One of the steps in that KB is to stop all services before attempting to upgrade, then restart only the application server service.  This helps prevent tomcat from not stopping properly at times.  Each of the items are there because they have been known to cause upgrade failures, so it is important to not skip any of them.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Re: ePO Server Upgrade from 5.3.2 to 5.3.3 Failing

I know this is a little bit of an old post, but I was having similar issues during an upgrade.  Here is what ultimately fixed it for me.  Leaving the default instance name off of the database connection dialog box.  See: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB76711&actp=null&viewlocale=en_US&showDraft=f...

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community